The Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace offers support for faith based RSO events at the University of Arkansas. Our objectives in offering this support are to expand opportunities for students to experience faith diversity and learn more about a variety of faith traditions, and to encourage interfaith collaboration across campus.
Available Support Opprotunities Include:
- Funding for official RSO events: up to $250.00 per event to cover event costs (events will be co-hosted with the Tyson Center RSO)
- Student volunteers for events: we may be able to provide student volunteers to help out with your RSO events (setting up/taking down, serving food, registering attendees, etc.)
- RSOs that apply for support must be active and in good standing at the University of Arkansas
- Events must be open to all University of Arkansas students (not just members of the RSO) and must align with the Tyson Center’s mission
- RSOs may receive funding for up to 2 events per semester
How to Apply?
In order to be eligible for support, the RSO must submit the following:
- A description of the RSO and the event for which support is being requested.
- A statement of how the event provides opportunities that relate to the Tyson Center’s mission.
- A short statement of support from the RSO faculty advisor.
- A budget that describes and lists the funds requested (for funding requests) -or- a requested number of volunteers and description of how and when volunteers will be asked to assist.
All application materials and support letters should be emailed to Tyson Center Director Dr. Denise Breaux Soignet.