Usage Protocols for using the SBL Research Knowledge-Base
Our intention is to make the results of the Spiritual-Based Leadership Research Program freely and widely available to anyone in the world, with no-cost access and downloading from this website. In that spirit, please note the following copyright protocols for using any portion of the SBL knowledge-base:
- You may use up to a total of 5,000 words in any single published work (article, workbook, book, or other publication), workshop, presentation or speech without any further permission. If you wish to use more than 5,000 words in any single published work, workshop, presentation or speech, you must first secure written permission by contacting GDC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whether you use more or less than 5,000 words, the following acknowledgement must
Quotations extracted from the public knowledge base of the "Spiritual-Based Leadership Research Program" are © by the Global Dharma Center (GDC). GDC retains the copyright to all excerpts from this knowledge base.
- If you wish to use more than 5,000 words in any single published work (article, workbook, book, or other publication), workshop, presentation or speech, you agree not to receive any personal income (such as royalties or fees) for that work, workshop, presentation or speech, except as noted in #4 below.
- If (a) you wish to quote more than 5,000 words in a published work, workshop, presentation or speech, and (b) you work for an established educational institution teaching students or faculty, or for an organization teaching employees, then you may receive your salary for that time as payment permitted under these protocols.
- You are permitted to charge money in relation to the use of excerpts from the GDC/SBL knowledge base only to reimburse direct expenses such as materials, room rental and food provided for a workshop, travel expenses, etc.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, please contact GDC at email@example.com and we will be happy to help you. Thank you for serving others in the spirit of this volunteer program!