Courses on faith and spirituality in the workplace are relatively new to business schools. This page consists of resources to help other faculty develop courses in this field.
Podcasts | Syllabi | Videos | Bibliographies | News
Welcome to our online library of audio interviews with thought leaders in the field of faith and spirituality in the workplace.
10-19-12 J.-Robert Ouimet. J.-Robert Ouimet is chairman of the board and Chief Executive Officer of Holding O.C.B. Inc., Cordon Bleu International Ltd., and Piazza Tomasso International Inc. He is the author of Everything Has Been Loaned to You and the founder of the To God Go Foundation.
10-08-12 André L. Delbecq. André L. Delbecq is the McCarthy University Professor at Santa Clara University, where he served as Dean of the Leavey School of Business from 1979 to 1989. His research and scholarship have focused on executive decision-making processes, organization design, managing innovation in rapid-change environments, and leadership spirituality.
09-28-12 Alan Tyson. Alan Tyson, Pastor of Lost Bridge Community Church, and founder of the Tyson Foods chaplaincy program.
09-06-12 Ted Malloch. Ted Malloch, Research Professor for the Spiritual Capital Initiative at Yale University, CEO of Global Fiduciary Governance, and Managing Director for the Americas of the Academy of Business and Society, speaks about "Practical Wisdom."
08-20-12 James Autry. James Autry, a former Fortune 500 executive, is the author of eleven books, a poet, management consultant and executive coach who has worked with a variety of companies and CEOs. In this podcast, he speaks about Servant Leadership.
06-19-12 Judi Neal. Judi Neal is a former Director of the Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace and the author of Edgewalkers: People and Organizations that Take Risks, Build Bridges, and Break New Ground, co-author with Alan Harpham of The Spirit of Project Management, and editor of The Handbook for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace.
05-24-12 Barry Goldberg. Barry Goldberg is a member of the Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace Coaching Team. Barry comes to leadership and executive coaching through years of strategic consulting and change leadership. Barry has held top line revenue accountability for a global division of Hachette and the P/L for a global CRM solutions and strategy business unit for a Fortune 400 company.
04-26-12 Sara Miller. Sara Miller is a pioneer and leader in the filed of coaching physicians. She was one of the first and few who specialized in working with physicians labeled with disruptive behaviors. Dr. Miller also has extensive experience in coaching physicians who are disillusioned, dis-spirited, and those moving from clinical positions into medical directorships.
04-12-12 William and Debra Miller. William and Debra Miller are co-researchers on the Spiritual Based Leadership Program. This call describes the knowledge base that they created, with Peter Pruzan and Kirsten Pruzan Mikkelson, derived from 33 accepted interviews with high-level business and government leaders who are openly spiritually-based in their leadership. The knowledge base currently resides at www.globaldharma.org and will be transferred to a searchable database on this Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace website.
04-12-12 William and Debra Miller. William and Debra Miller - Spiritual-Based Leadership Program teleconference for researchers who may want to be involved in adding to the knowledge base.
03-08-12 Peggy O'Neal. Peggy O'Neal is passionate about collaborating with people who are committed to doing business in ways that inspire the human spirit while producing results never before attainable. She brings more than twenty-four years of experience as an executive coach, business consultant and expert facilitator, and twelve years as an attorney. Peggy has coached leaders in the United States, Europe and Asia. She served with Bill Clinton as Assistant Attorney General, State Purchasing Director, and a member of the Federal Labor Relations Authority in Washington, D.C. She graduated from the University of Arkansas School of Law and is a Certified Integral Coach.
10-18-11 Alan Lurie. Alan Lurie is a licensed architect and Managing Director at Grubb & Ellis, a national real estate service firm. He is also an ordained Rabbi, and leads prayer services, teaches, writes, and lectures to a wide audience. He is the recipient of the 2011 International Faith and Spirit at Work Leadership Award, co-sponsored by the Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace and Intersections International. This combination of meeting the demands of the business world while attending to the needs of the spirit gives Alan both insight into and access to a diverse community. He is the author of Five Minutes on Mondays-Finding Unexpected Peace and Fulfillment at Work, and a blogger for the Huffington Post and Financial Times Press. His wife, Shirona, is an artist, singer, and accomplished songwriter.
08-24-11 Lynne Sedgmore. Lynne Sedgmore is the Chief Executive of the 157 Group and is adviser to the UK Government/Cabinet Office on a range of projects including leadership, innovation, community cohesion and preventing violent extremisms. Under her leadership, her previous organization, the Centre for Excellence in Leadership, received the International Spirit at Work Award. She is on the Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace Working Council and will be a keynote speaker at the International Faith and Spirit at Work Conference.
07-20-11 Cindy Wigglesworth. Cindy Wigglesworth is the President of Deep Change and the creator of the Spiritual Intelligence Assessment tool.
06-21-11 Michael Strong. Michael Strong is the CEO and Chief Visionary Officer of Flow, Inc. and lead author of Be the Solution.
05-24-11 Patricia Aburdene. Patricia Aburdene is a well-known speaker on Conscious Capitalism and is the author of the Megatrends books.
04-26-11 Tami Simon. Tami Simon is the CEO and founder of Sounds True in Boulder, Colorado.
03-24-11 Raj Sisodia. Raj Sisodia is the author of Firms of Endearment, and a co-founder of the Conscious Capitalism Institute.
08-30-10 Tom Anderson. Tom Anderson is a speaker, workshop leader, and vision quest guide connected with Unity Church in Missouri. He discusses his book "Your Place in the World" in this teleconference.
07-28-10 Lance Secretan. Lance Secretan is founder of the Secretan Center in Canada. He is a speaker and consultant, and has written numerous books. In this teleconference he discusses his latest book "The Spark, the Flame, and the Torch."
09-22-09 Ted Malloch. Ted Malloch is the Director of the Spiritual Enterprise Institute at Yale University and is the author of numerous books. In this teleconference, Ted discusses his book "Spiritual Enterprise: Doing Virtuous Business." A PBS program titled "Doing Virtuous Business" has been created, based on his book.
Courses on faith and spirituality in the workplace are relatively new to business schools. This page consists of syllabi that faculty are willing to share in order to help other faculty develop courses in this field.
- Authentic Leadership in a Multi-Faith Workplace - Daniel Harris
- Business From a Christian Worldview - Sharon Johnson
- Experiential Leadership - Richard Peregoy
- Grounded in God - Decision-Making and Discernment in Congregations and Organizations - Margaret Benefiel
- The Healthy Workplace: Enhancing Emotional Wellness in Our Schools - Nancy Pettigrew
- The Inner Landscape of Leadership - Jonathan Reams and Jonathan Taylor
- Integrating Spirituality and Work - Don McCormick
- Leadership and Personal Productivity - Roe Goddard
- Leadership in Action - Thomas Zwiefel
- Leading From Within - Leadership and Spirituality - Bob Mendoza
- Leading From Within - Spirituality and Leadership - Margaret Benefiel
- Ministry in the Marketplace - Barbara Fleischer
- The Meaning of Work - Neal Chalofsky
- The Science and Spirit of Management - David Steingard
- Seeing Things Whole - Spirituality Congregations and Organizations - Margaret Benefiel
- The Spiritual Dimension of Leadership - Jonathan Smith
- Spirituality and Religion in the Workplace - Don McCormick
- Spirituality in the Workplace - Satinder Dhiman
- Spirituality in the Workplace - Judi Neal
- Spirituality and Business Leadership Syllabus 2009 - Andre Delbecq
- Spirituality and Business Leadership Modules 2009 - Andre Delbecq
- Spirituality and Business Leadership Reading List 2009 - Andre Delbecq
- Spirituality and Business Leadership Syllabus 2012 - Andre Delbecq
- Spirituality and Business Leadership Reading List 2012 - Andre Delbecq
- Spirituality and the Theology of Work - Barbara Fleischer
- Work, Meaning, and Purpose - Winter 2011 - Diane Nettifee
- Careers, Vocation, and Calling - Spring 2013 - Judy Neal
- Spiritual Leadership - Spring 2013 - Judy Neal
This webinar covers summarized survey data collected from almost 50 academics who explore values, spirituality, meaning and purpose in the classroom. A panel of three senior academics offered interpretations on what the data may signify. Topics discussed include motivations for creating/teaching such courses, common themes and best practices.
- Dan Harris, Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace at the Sam M. Walton College of Business
- Kathryn Pavlovich, Waikato Management School / University of Waikato
- Andre Delbecq, Senior Fellow at University of Santa Clara
- Charles Tackney, Copenhagen Business School
Daniel E. Harris - Walton Readers Spotlight
Date: Nov. 2, 2015
Description: Dan Harris, director of the Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace, reviews Aspiring Adults Adrift: Tentative Transitions of College Graduates as part of Walton Readers Spotlight. Harris explains why he recommends the book, which reveals information about a generation facing a difficult transition to adulthood.
Diann Cattani Interview - The Psychology of Fraud
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Description: Diann Cattani, a member of the Forensic Investigative Accounting Group in Atlanta, Georgia, is interviewed by Judi Neal, Director of the Tyson Center for Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace. Diann discusses how she personally got interested in the field of fraud and white collar crime, and shares her faith and spiritual journey as she got involved in understanding fraud.
Faith and Spiritual Leaders
The Psychology of Fraud with Diann Cattani
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Description: Diann Cattani, a member of the Forensic Investigative Accounting Group in Atlanta, Georgia, presents "The Psychology of Fraud: Why good people make bad choices" to University of Arkansas students on March 16, 2010. In this hour and a half program, she discusses the prevention, deterrence, and investigation of financial fraud. Using her professional experiences, she offers insight into why good people make bad choices. She also discusses the relationship between faith, spirituality, and ethics. Ms. Cattani shares first-hand knowledge into the psychology, rationalizations and methodology of the white-collar criminal.
Date: Thursday, February 10, 2005
Description: Diann Cattani and Walter Pavlo have written chapters in a book called Taking the Harder Right, by Oliver Halle. Walter Pavlo spoke about his white collar crime to the Walton College in 2005. After serving 24 months in a federal prison, Mr. Pavlo explains motivation associated with complex white collar crimes, with an emphasis in ethics.
- Spirituality in the Workplace: A retrospective look at the debate (from the 2007 International Center for Spirit at Work awards conference). Hosted by Judy Martin
- Weblinks to Meditations and inspiration
Welcome to our Bibliography Page. You will find bibliographies here created by a number of different people who are working in the field of faith and spirituality in the workplace. Because the field is growing, most of these bibliographies will soon go out of date. We will not be updating them, but will add new and updated bibliographies as scholars send them to us.
- Calling and Passion Bibliography, compiled by Judi Neal
- Creativity and Personal Mastery, compiled by Srikumar Rao
- Faith and Spirituality in the Workplace Bibliography, compiled by Judi Neal
- Faith and Spiritual Business Leader Profiles, compiled by Judi Neal
- List of References on Spirit at Work, compiled by Khadija Al Arkoubi
- Spirituality and Workplace Outcomes Bibliography, compiled by Angela Hope
- Spirituality and Health Bibliography, compiled by John Milliman
Links to Online Bibliographies: Christian Leadership Bibliography, compiled by Rev. Roger Matthews