Conference: Association of Management, Spirituality & Religion
In a world that is becoming ever more complex, fast-paced and diverse, we need leaders who tap deep reserves of wisdom – leaders who have both the knowledge and the capacity to transform themselves and their organizations to meet constantly evolving challenges.
Leadership, Spirituality & Education
The 2017 IAMSR brings together three compelling topics: Leadership, Spirituality and Education. We invite scholars, business leaders and participants to grapple with profound questions, such as:
- How do we speak about spirituality in leadership and education in inclusive ways? /li>
- What would a spiritually and developmentally mature leader look like?
- How do we as educators best equip our students to meet the challenges of their time in history?
- How do we use concepts from great spiritual traditions and secular humanism to expand human capacities for leadership?
- In our pluralistic societies, how do educators and business professionals encourage emerging leaders to articulate meaning, purpose and values in their lives? What frameworks might we offer them for enacting these?
- How do leaders and educators model timeless principles of leadership while allowing forms and styles to evolve?
- How do we integrate mindfulness concepts and practices into education and leadership?
Set in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, the Fayetteville offers opportunities to connect body and mind with nature through hikes, canoe/kayak excursions, etc. A visit to the renowned Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art (followed by a social dinner) will round out the cultural experience. Learn more.
Located downtown, near the University of Arkansas, The Chancellor is a boutique-style retreat offering casual ambiance and chic design. Book one of our 192 rooms and 15 suites – some of the largest suites in the region – each outfitted with a modern décor, plush furnishings, and windows overlooking downtown or the mountains.
Booking Your Room
A block of rooms has been reserved under the IAMSR Conference.
465 Arkansas Ave
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Room Rates: $124 per night
Rooms can be booked at the conference rate through our personalized reservation site by clicking here!
If you need assistance, please call The Hotel Chancellor at 479-442-5555
This 2.5-day event brings together academics and practitioners from around the world who engage in the study, training and dissemination of workplace spirituality.
We are looking for contributions on the theme of the conference, to include: leadership & spirituality, educating for character and moral clarity, world religions & leadership, management education & spirituality; and a range of business management topics in the context of the conference theme: OB, HRM, marketing, strategy, entrepreneurship, accounting, ethics.
The conference will run two parallel tracks: an Academic Track of papers reporting on the latest in theory development and empirical research findings; and a Professional Development Workshop Track showcasing the latest in practice and skills development.
Additionally, the conference will feature poster sessions and symposia.
The time period to submit work for the 2017 IAMSR Conference has ended. Please visit our conference website to view the complete list of submitted work! We look forward to seeing you in Fayetteville!
Contact the conference coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.